Thursday, September 20, 2012
Healthy Choice: Corn Tomato Arugula Salad with Carrots
Red Wine Vinaigrette
1. medium clove of garlic (crushed)
1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
2 tablespoons of redwine vinagrette plus 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
1/2 a cup of extra virgin olive oil
5 ounces ( about 6 packed cups ) baby arugula leaves
1/2 bunch of fresh italian parsley , chopped ( about atleast 1/2 a cup)
1 large ear of fresh corn shucked silk removed and kernels cut off the cob
1 pint rainbow cherry tomatoes , halved or medium heirloom tomatoes ( assorted colors preferred) cut into bite size pieces
1/2 a cup of chopped carrots
1. In a small bowl whisk together all vinagrette ingredients plus salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the arugula and half of the chopped parsley in a large bowl and toss with half of the vinaigrette. Then transfer the salad to a bigger bowl or platter.
3. Using the same large bowl add corn kernels with the remaining parsley and toss the remaining dressing and half a pinch of salt
4. place the corn in the mixture along with the chopped carrots in the center of the arugula on the bowl or bigger platter. Arrange tomatoes around the corn and carrots then lightly drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
Toodles for now,
The Miami Style Blog
" Where fashion is a Must!"